Looking for An Expert Gastroenterologist Doctor in Sharjah? Visit Burjeel Specialty Hospital Today!
Gastroenterology is a broad branch of medicine which includes ailments of the entire digestive system. It is highly recommended to visit a gastroenterologist in Sharjah if you experience any kind of discomfort in your digestive organs and are living in Sharjah or in Ajman. Blood in the stool and vomiting, loss of appetite, sudden weight loss, bloating of the stomach are all symptoms that should not be avoided. Sometimes it may be minor digestive health concerns as acid reflux and sometimes can result in serious health concerns such as cancer.
The most common diseases that are diagnosed and treated by gastroenterologists in Sharjah can be summarized as follows:
- Acid reflux
- Crohn’s Disease
- Cirrhosis of liver
- Colon cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Stomach cancer
What Are the Types Of Procedures Performed by Gastroenterology Doctors In Sharjah For Diagnostic Purposes?
From mouth to anus, all the digestive tract organ diseases are treated by a gastroenterologist. Based on the origin of the problem, treatment and procedures are advised by the doctor.
- GI endoscopy is for testing the esophagus, stomach and the upper part of the small intestine.
- Colonoscopy is performed for the examination of the large intestine (colon).
- Enteroscopy is used for the inner depths of the small intestine.
- Infra-red coagulation therapy(IRC) is a non-surgical treatment of hemorrhoids.
- X-rays of the abdomen are also performed to detect problems with the stomach.
- Blood tests are also a common detection procedure.
Services Offered by Our Leading Gastroenterologist in Sharjah
- Diagnostic Gastroscopy
- Treatment of Liver diseases like Hepatitis, Liver Cirrhosis, Liver Cancer
- Acid Peptic diseases, Gastro esophageal reflux, Dysphagia
- Treatment for Inflammatory Bowel disease, Irritable Bowel diseases, constipation
- Treatment for pancreatic diseases, malabsorption syndromes
- Gastrointestinal malignancy screening and treatment
- Endoscopic procedures
- Screening and treatment of GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease)
- Diagnosis and Management of ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, colonic polyps and colonic cancer.
- Therapeutic Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography (ERCP) procedures for bile ductand pancreatic duct stenting
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic endoscopic procedures like variceal ligation, treatment of bleeding ulcer, polypectomy, stricture dilatation, stenting, PEG placement
At Burjeel Specialty Hospital, we are 100% dedicated to ensuring that our patients receive the best healthcare facilities possible. We understand that this can only be done with the help of leading gastroenterology specialists, and we put in the best of our efforts to only recruit world-class gastroenterology professionals. Upon visiting our facility, you can be assured that our experts possess internationally recognized degrees and have trained in hospitals all over the world.
Dr. Ghassan Mustafa