Gastroenterology is a broad branch of medicine which includes ailments of the entire digestive system. It is highly recommended to visit a gastroenterologist if you experience any kind of discomfort in your digestive organs. Blood in the stool and vomiting, loss of appetite, sudden weight loss, bloating of the stomach are all symptoms that should not be avoided. Sometimes it may be minor digestive health concerns as acid reflux and sometimes can result in serious health concerns such as cancer.
The most common diseases can be summarized as follows:
- Acid reflux
- Crohn’s Disease
- Cirrhosis of liver
- Colon cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Stomach cancer
What Are The Types Of Procedures Performed To Diagnose Gastroenterology Diseases?
From mouth to anus, all the digestive tract organ diseases are treated by a gastroenterologist. Based on the origin of the problem, treatment and procedures are advised by the doctor.
- GI endoscopy is for testing the esophagus, stomach and the upper part of the small intestine.
- Colonoscopy is performed for the examination of the large intestine (colon).
- Enteroscopy is used for the inner depths of the small intestine.
- Infra-red coagulation therapy(IRC) is a non-surgical treatment of hemorrhoids.
- X-rays of the abdomen are also performed to detect problems with the stomach.
- Blood tests are also a common detection procedure.
- Diagnostic Gastroscopy
- Treatment of Liver diseases like Hepatitis, Liver Cirrhosis, Liver Cancer
- Acid Peptic diseases, Gastro esophageal reflux, Dysphagia
- Treatment for Inflammatory Bowel disease, Irritable Bowel diseases, constipation
- Treatment for pancreatic diseases, malabsorption syndromes
- Gastrointestinal malignancy screening and treatment
- Endoscopic procedures
- Screening and treatment of GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease)
- Diagnosis and Management of ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, colonic polyps and colonic cancer.
- Therapeutic Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography (ERCP) procedures for bile ductand pancreatic duct stenting
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic endoscopic procedures like variceal ligation, treatment of bleeding ulcer, polypectomy, stricture dilatation, stenting, PEG placement
Burjeel Specialty Hospital reputation is built on the quality of medical care provided. Hence, stringent standards are in place to recruit world-class medical professionals. Our panel of highly qualified expertise have trained extensively in leading hospitals around the world and possess internationally recognized degrees from Europe and other continents. Combined with state-of-the-art technology, the team delivers exemplary care and treatment following the highest international standards and protocols.
Dr. Ghassan Mustafa